Every Body M.O.V.E. Program
Updated: February 17, 2021
You’re invited to participate in a brand new virtual offering from Colorado Ballet Education & Community Engagement. Every Body M.O.V.E. - Movement Opportunities for Virtual Education, is for teachers and school administrators to engage students in learning through movement. In this time of challenge and uncertainty we want to make it as low-cost, flexible, and as simple as possible for teachers to support their student’s learning, creativity, social and emotional skill development, and physical health
The Every Body M.O.V.E. PROGRAM AT A GLANCE:
- Two tracks of 2-8 minute videos: Two per week for 16 weeks, choose K-2 and/or 3-5th.
- Use videos in lessons, as transitions, or as independent assignments.
- Connection to a local arts organization with standards-based, fun material.
- Benefits for students include increased physical activity, improving life skills (e.g., spacial awareness and stress-management), time to be creative, and strengthening mind and body.
YOUR NEXT STEPS:
1. Visit the Every Body M.O.V.E. program page for more information
- Find our why this program is right for you
- Learn about the cost structure and scholarship options
- Check out our teaser videos
2. If you like what you see, SIGN UP HERE to chat with us and determine your specific cost.
3.Receive, review, and sign a Letter of Agreement.
Education & Community Engagement Virtual Offerings - Spring 2021
Updated: February 17, 2021
This Spring we’re maintaining our momentum with virtual offerings in
continued commitment to our mission #everybodydance. See below to
stay up to date and find out how you can connect with us.
Classes & Workshops
School & Community Virtual Workshops*
Teachers, School Staff, and Community Organizers, we see you navigating challenging
territory and rising to the new challenges of the school year. We want to support you with
our most flexible options! You can customize content, date, time, and length of any of our
workshops. You can even request something new!
- Who: Any group of any age
- Cost: Depends on program content and format. Fees usually start at the discounted rate of $65 for 30 minutes. We will work with your budget!
- Live or Recorded: live-time via Zoom (or other platform), Broadcasted to your classroom/community center, Pre-recorded (limited availability), Other.
- Movement-based or lecture style
- Full class, half day, or movement breaks
Ex: Moving Matter (1st grade CDE Science Standard): “Freeze like a popsicle! Now melt like a popsicle on a hot summer day!” Students will use creative movement and the dance concept of Flow (bound and free) to embody different states of matter and the transitions between them before creating their own solid/liquid dance.
(Half) Day of Dance - multiple workshops in one with breaks for team building/developing social-emotional skills (starting at $7/student)
Movement Breaks (1-8 minute videos):
Ex: BrainDance, a fun full body-brain exercise based on developmental movement patterns that humans move through in the first year of life helping to integrate reflexes that are the foundation for healthy brain development and fill in missing gaps in our sensory-motor system.
- Visit our Workshops page to read about our options and to sign up (Note: It will look the same as booking an in-person traditional workshop that comes to you, but simply write your preferred format in the “Additional Comments” box).
- Please direct questions to Emma Scher at email@example.com
- Check out our survey to let us know what workshops and content would best support you now.
Check Facebook for further updates, new programs, and much more!
We're providing FREE content for you to try at home! Follow our page @coloradoballeteducation for follow-along videos and activities that encourage you and yours to step away from the screen and try dance games or explorations together. View a sample here. Send us a message to let us know what videos, activities, articles, and updates you want to see!
Other Program Updates
- Be Beautiful Be Yourself: In partnership with Global Down Syndrome Foundation, our Be Beautiful, Be Yourself virtual classes are running from August to December with 25 students! We're thankful to be dancing with new and familiar faces this semester as we build a community from our own homes.
- Warren Village: From September through December we are teaching broadcasted classes to the Warren Village Learning Center. We are grateful to continue Creative Movement classes with some new and familiar faces!
- Growing Scientists: Our Growing Scientists partnership is continuing this fall with virtual offerings. We are excited to offer new and returning lessons integrating dance concepts with science standards for K - 3rd grade in both live and recorded formats.
- Five by Five classes: TBD