Colorado Ballet Academy is seeking a motivated individual for a position as a Ballet Teacher for classes in our Lower Division. This is a part time position with hours on Thursday afternoons,
Saturday mornings, and the possibility for additional hours. This teaching position has hourly rates commensurate with experience. This position reports to the Academy Director, and is
supervised by the Academy Principal and Lower Division Coordinator.
- Ballet classes range from 45-90 minutes in length
- Preparation of lesson plans for weekly classes, following a designated curriculum
- Guide students to perpetually progress through curriculum
- Develop, set and rehearse choreography for end-of-year performances
- Responsible for music selection for classes (stereo with Bluetooth or auxiliary port are provided)
- Monthly teacher meetings
- Opportunity to teach various workshop or camp series
Colorado Ballet seeks the highest quality teachers to join our team. Our faculty offers quality training and inspires enthusiasm for the art of dance.
- Strong background in creative movement and ballet required
- Ability and willingness to work with young students of varied abilities
- Reliable transportation required
- Experience in classroom management and inclusive approach to dance education
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please – all submissions will be acknowledged. Colorado Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Colorado ballet
Established in 1961 by Lillian Covillo and Freidann Parker, Colorado Ballet is a non-profit organization celebrating 59 years of excellence. As a world-class professional company, Colorado Ballet presents 55 performances annually to sold-out audiences in the 2,000 seat Ellie Caulkins Opera House. The Raydean Acevedo Colorado Ballet Academy serves over 1,200 students from toddlers to seniors each year. Colorado Ballet’s Education and Community Engagement programming serves under-resourced students, teachers, families, people with disabilities and lifelong learners, reaching more than 35,000 contacts in 300 schools and organizations annually.