Reports To: Director of Patron Services and DBA
Type: Full-Time with Benefits; 30hrs/wk June 1st- August 1st 2021, then 40hrs/wk from August 1st 2021 onward
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Colorado Ballet is a Denver based non-profit organization celebrating 60 years of excellence. Colorado Ballet’s mission is to present exceptional quality classical ballet and innovative dance through performances, training, and education programs that are integral to the cultural life of our community. Under the direction of Artistic Director Gil Boggs, Colorado Ballet presents more than 50 performances annually to sold-out audiences in the 2,080 seat Ellie Caulkins Opera House.
The Raydean Acevedo Colorado Ballet Academy serves over 1,200 students each year, from toddlers to seniors. Colorado Ballet’s Education and Community Engagement programming serves under-resourced students, teachers, families, people with disabilities, and lifelong learners, making more than 35,000 contacts in 300 schools and organizations annually.
Colorado Ballet’s Patron Services Representative is responsible for providing superb front-line customer service for all Colorado Ballet departments. Responsibilities include selling tickets, processing donations, and registering students for classes. This position requires someone who is energetic, personable, patient, adaptable, and works well both independently and in a team. This individual reports to the Director of Patron Services and DBA with dotted line reporting to the Academy, Education, and Advancement administration. This position is a full-time, benefited position with Colorado Ballet, Monday-Friday 9am -5pm with additional non-traditional evening and weekend hours during performances.
Key Duties and Functions
- Provides friendly and efficient customer service for all Colorado Ballet patrons in adherence to all Colorado Ballet policies and procedures.
- Sells season single tickets and subscriptions over the phone as well as in person when in production at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House (includes evenings and weekends as well as higher frequency in November and December)
- Collects and processes payments for tickets, academy registrations, education programs, and donations
- Responsible for basic reporting/tracking
- Provides administrative support to faculty and staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years general customer service and administration experience; performing arts ticketing/box office experience is preferable
- History of exceptional customer service in person, over the phone, and via email
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, self-start, and collaborate
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with Tessitura or similar ticketing/CRM system
- Strong computer skills with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends during performances
- Essential ability to remain patient, positive, and professional under all circumstances
- Dance background or knowledge is a plus
How To Apply
Application deadline is May 3rd, 2021. Please send your resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to HR@coloradoballet.org
Submissions without these required items will not be considered. No phone calls please. All submissions will be acknowledged. Colorado Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) Information:
Salary range June 1st – August 1st 2021 at 30hrs/wk: $23,250-$26,250
Salary range August 1st 2021 onward at 40hrs/wk: $31,000-$35,000